The British Board of Agrément, the UK’s foremost body for the testing and certification of construction products and systems, has granted certification to Stormdry Masonry Protection Cream after months of extensive testing. The certificate confirms that a single coat application of Stormdry will be effective for at least 25 years.
Stormdry Masonry Protection Cream is the only colourless masonry water-repellent that has been approved by the BBA. The special testing performed by the BBA took into account the following factors:
- 25 year durability – Stormdry has been certified as effective for 25 years with a single coat
- Water repellency – Stormdry resists the uptake of water into masonry from driving rain
- Freeze/Thaw resistance – Stormdry is resistant to the effects of freeze/thaw cycling
- UV resistance – Stormdry is resistant to the effects of UV radiation
- Condensation risk – Stormdry is breathable and does not increase the risk of condensation
The certificate (cert no. 15/5198) covers not only Stormdry Masonry Protection Cream but also Repointing Additive No.1 and Repointing Additive No.2. The 25 year certification is in line with the performance requirements for insulation under ECO/Green deal, which Stormdry can help to protect.
It is this kind of assured performance and durability that has lead Stormdry to be used by councils, trades people and homeowners alike. No other masonry water repellent offers the same BBA approved performance.
For more information on exactly what is included in the certification, we recommend reading Stomdry’s BBA certificate. To see the BBA approved performance for yourself, ask for a free sample. For any other enquiries about technical information, pricing or guarantees, please contact us using the enquiry form on this page. You can also call 01403 210 204.